The blood reacts by moving white-blood cells in to fight infection. The infected region becomes red, inflamed and sometimes sensitive. That’s why gums start to bleed; this is not normal. The disease will then affect the bones, causing teeth to shift or fall out if the process is not stopped.
Aylmer Dentistry offers
- a screening program: by specifically evaluating your periodontal condition by measuring the depth of periodontal pockets
- an oral cancer screening system with VELscope
- a treatment program: adapted to your periodontal condition
- a follow-up program: for the periodontal disease
- Tissue grafting with Alloderm®
Don’t wait until it HURTS!
Symptoms associated with periodontal disease:
- permanent teeth start to become loose
- presence of pus between teeth and gums when you press on the gum
- a change in teeth alignment
- a change in alignment of your partial denture
- constant bad breath
Once periodontal disease has been detected, the recommended treatment is to remove the irritants lodged between the gum and tooth. This treatment is made possible through the modern technology of ultrasonic scalers with integrated irrigation. Irrigation prolongs the antibacterial effects of the treatment.
A home-care program will be recommended to stabilize the disease and prevent it from recurring.